Re: [Patch for Windows implementation of play-sound]

From: jasonr
Subject: Re: [Patch for Windows implementation of play-sound]
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:05:32 +0100 (BST)

If you need to copy structs from include files,
the mingw32 w32 headers are a safer option, since
they are already reverse engineered from the w32 APIs
and GPLed, and the fragment is usually small enough
that we won't need papers for it.

I agree that setting WINVER and _WIN32_WINNT explicitly
is not a viable solution, as these are internal to
the compiler, and may cause the compiler to make invalid
assumptions if set incorrectly.