Re: keymap in yank-excluded-properties

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: keymap in yank-excluded-properties
Date: 23 Oct 2002 15:53:17 +0200

Some time ago, I wrote:

    I still think that my proposal for a yank-function text property (set
    on the original table text, and used by yank and yank-rectangle to do
    the yank) would do be a simple, yet powerful approach, as it would use
    automatically copy that property to the kill-ring, so there is nothing
    we need to add to basic functionality to achieve this.

Tak Ota <address@hidden> responded:

> I'm sorry I forgot to reply to your suggested yanking behavior for
> table.  What you suggested above made perfect sense.  I'll start
> working on how to implement it as `yank-function'.  I expect it is not
> as easy to implement as conceptually described above though.

Tak,

Have you made any progress on this?

I didn't want to make any changes to emacs basics to support the
yank-function property until I had heard from you whether it was
possible to handle table(-fragment) yanking as suggested.