Re: my Emacs is broken

From: Klaus Zeitler
Subject: Re: my Emacs is broken
Date: 23 Oct 2002 17:29:24 +0200

    >> When I set the DISPLAY variable to 0:0 I get the same result as Markus
    >> and David Koppelman. If the DISPLAY variable is either set to
    >> `X-hostname`:0.0 (that's what I always use) or localhost:0.0 (as long
    >> as we're on the X-server), than everything's fine. David Koppelman just
    >> sent me email that it also works for him when the DISPLAY var is set
    >> properly.
    Jan>
    Jan> I assume you mean :0.0?  If not, that may be some Sun specific thing.

OOPS, yes of course I meant ":0.0".  I've set breakpoints to
XTread_socket, read_avail_input and input_available_signal.
These functions never get called when I set the DISPLAY to ":0.0".
It works when I set the display to "<x-host>:0.0", "localhost:0.0" or
"unix:0.0".

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
|  Email:             address@hidden  |
---
The idea is to die young as late as possible. -- Ashley Montagu