Re: address@hidden: Two problems in Emacs-21.2.91 on Windows]

From: jasonr
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Two problems in Emacs-21.2.91 on Windows]
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:25:58 +0100 (BST)

> XColor is needed in some platforms (like Mac OS 9, Windows and DOS) and
> not in others (like X or Mac OS X), so either you put it in a include
> used by every build and guard it through #ifdef's, or put it in
> platform-specific includes. That's what I chose because it seems
> cleaner/simpler.

Having just one definition seems cleaner to me. Multiple
identical definitions lead to maintainence problems.
It has long been a goal to merge as much of the platform
specific display code as possible. So far only xfaces.c
has benefited due to lack of time. But we should at
least try to avoid introducing new duplicated code.