Re: Rmail changes for Emacs 22

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: Rmail changes for Emacs 22
Date: 24 Oct 2002 22:37:03 +0100

>       I hope you'll consider what Gnus does,
>     though I doubt you can use its code directly (unfortunately).
>
> We could consider it if someone explains what it is.
> To figure it out by reading the code would probably
> take more time than I can spend.  I don't know what PMR thinks.

I'd have to read the code too for details, and I'm also not sure how
Rmail works.  I assume larsi should explain the Gnus design.  However,
it's clear it maintains mbox-type files effectively as received --
articles aren't re-written except, perhaps for additional headers.  I
don't think it makes sense to do anything else if you're going to
provide MIME processing, as I presume Rmail users would hope.  I'd
guess it's useful to figure out how VM works too; I think that works
with mbox files too.