Re: address@hidden: rcs2log]

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: address@hidden: rcs2log]
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 16:07:11 +0100

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:47:36 -0500, "Stefan Monnier"
<monnier+gnu/address@hidden> wrote:

> Can't we change the installation script instead ?
> Such that on W32 systems, rcs2log is installed as rcs2log.sh
> and then we install a rcs2log.bat wrapper ?
> This way the VC code does not need to know whether rcs2log is implemented
> as an sh script or anything else (it really doesn't need to know: I played
> with the code and didn't know until now that it was an sh script rather
> than a binary or a perl script).

I don't know what's the right way, but as I've said, detecting at
installation time whether there is a GNU-compatible sort in the path and
where is it located seems very fragile to me. Not to mention that it
doesn't adapt very well to situations where you modify the PATH or
add/remove items to it (something I do quite frequently).

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u