Re: address@hidden: rcs2log]

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: address@hidden: rcs2log]
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 16:10:44 +0200 (IST)

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Juanma Barranquero wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 22:39:53 +0300, "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Why is it fragile?
>
> Because you are executing programs that you don't control (what if
> trying a sort.exe causes a crash or any other kind of problem)

We already run programs from various Emacs features, without fear of a
crash.  Also, running programs to probe their functionality is a standard
way of testing things in configure scripts.  So I don't see anything
especially fragile here.

> and
> because probably it'd fail if I happen to modify the PATH afterwards.

??? I suggested to do this as part of the rcs2log script itself.  So PATH
changes will be noted the next time the script runs, and acted upon at
that very moment.