Re: rcs2log.bat

From: Dr Francis J. Wright
Subject: Re: rcs2log.bat
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 16:51:32 -0000

From: "Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden>
To: "Dr Francis J. Wright" <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 4:00 PM
Subject: Re: address@hidden: rcs2log]

> Looks good to me (except that it would have been easier to read if
> it weren't gzipped).

I didn't want it to get mangled in transit.

> Oh, and don't use `VC_SORT_PATH': rcs2log is not vc-specific, so using
> the `VC' prefix there is just confusing.
>
> As for re-implementing rcs2log in elisp, I agree that it wouldn't
> make much sense.  I'd much rather have support for cvs2cl in vc-cvs.el.

Whoever installs rcs2log.bat into the CVS repository is welcome to change
that variable name to something more appropriate.  Perhaps `UNIX_SORT_PATH'
would be better.

If there is a similar problem with cvs2cl under Windows (I don't know since
I don't use CVS) then presumably it could be solved by a similar wrapper.

Francis