Re: Installing patches without getting legal papers.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Installing patches without getting legal papers.
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:16:50 -0500

The purpose of "(tiny change)" is to help us keep track of the changes
for which we did not need legal papers.

    Just a question: how many lines of change are considered "tiny"?

A tiny change is one so small we don't need legal papers for it.
See maintain.texi for the criterion for that.

    ! 2002-10-16  Luc Teirlinck  <address@hidden>  (tiny change)

We have papers from Luc, so it is not useful to put "(tiny change)"
on his changes.  Big or small, they are all covered by papers.

Please only use "(tiny change)" in the cases where we install
a change from someone who did not give us legal papers.

However, it's the total size of that person's changes that determines
whether we need papers.  So each time you install such a change,
always search for the person's name to see if there are other changes
(in C or in Lisp) by the same person.  If there are other changes,
please look at the total size of the new change and the old ones.  If
the total is big enough to need papers, then don't install the new
change.