Re: Hiding *Note:: "tags" in info files

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Hiding *Note:: "tags" in info files
Date: 31 Oct 2002 13:24:03 +0900

Karl Eichwalder <address@hidden> writes:
> Please, don't touch this stuff well working; cf. Andreas' postings on
> correct texinfo markup usage!
>
> Seeing *Note or *note is very useful I you don't want to use font-lock.

It would be very simple to make the `invisible' parts be invisible only
when font-lock-mode is turned on.

[It could be done by having info use a `font-lock-invisible' property
instead of `invisible', and arranging for font-lock-mode to add an
appropriate mapping between the two to `char-property-alias-alist' when
font-lock-mode is turned on.  I'm not sure if this should be a feature
provided by font-lock-mode generally, or something info-specific.]

-Miles
--
"Most attacks seem to take place at night, during a rainstorm, uphill,
 where four map sheets join."   -- Anon. British Officer in WW I