Re: TODO additions

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: TODO additions
Date: 02 Dec 2002 14:02:38 +0000

>     > Could you (or someone) find the necessary changes (in Debian perhaps)
>     > so we can install them?
>
>     I don't think there are simple changes -- if I remember correctly, the
>     structure was quite different, which was why I didn't just do it.
>
> I am completely confused now.  Are you talking about Emacs changes
> made by Debian, or something else?

I'm talking about the version of movemail from XEmacs.  I just happen
to be using the Debian-distributed binary.  I don't know if Debian
made any changes to the XEmacs version like to the Emacs one.

>     I don't know whether the movemail locking changes can be made safe for
>     other systems.
>
> That problem isn't crucial if we can conditionalize them.

Sure, but I'm not clear what the conditions should be.

What's the status of the contact with the Debian maintainer mentioned
in the Debian readme?  If nothings' happening, does someone want to
take a look at this for 21.3?  It's unfortunate if people running
self-built binaries on Debian risk losing mail.