Re: Fwd: Re: Minor problem in "Apropos" - 21.2.93

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Minor problem in "Apropos" - 21.2.93
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:44:32 -0500

     I looked in the the file "lisp/help.el". In place of using
     "exec-directory", we should be using "invocation-directory".

Using exec-directory looks correct to me; the fns... file is supposed
to be in that directory.  If it is not present there for you,
I think that is the bug.  Can you investigate why it was not
installed there?

I am pretty sure invocation-directory is not correct,
because that is nil for an installed Emacs.  And for an
uninstalled Emacs, it is the src directory, which is the
wrong place for fns-...