Re: gdba probs

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: gdba probs
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 09:13:55 -0500

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 08:49:54AM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > [Yeah I know gud.el is a big ball of hair already, but there's no sense
> > in making it worse]
>
> Which part are you thinking of ?  It's really not that bad.  It has
> annoying limitations due to excessive use of global state (you can't have
> both a GDB and a PerlDB running at the same time), but the code itself is
> pretty clean and simple if you ask me (at least the generic part of the
> code is very slim AFAIK).

Well, OK, I haven't really looked at the whole thing very closely, so perhaps
what I said above is unjustified.  However, when I've had to fix a bug or
something in that code, I always come away feeling a bit dirty, and thinking
`boy somebody needs to clean this up.'

-Miles
--
We live, as we dream -- alone....