Re: Texinfo doc for GDB-UI

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: Texinfo doc for GDB-UI
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 18:47:27 +0100

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

> "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> |> Finally, please make sure every sentence has either two spaces or a
> |> newline after the period that ends the sentence.  This is so TeX
> |> typesets the sentence separation correctly.
>
> TeX does not care.  For TeX every amount of consecutive whitespace is
> equivalent to a single space.

Correct.  It is for the info output, not the TeX output, I guess.
>From the texinfo manual:

  Ordinarily, TeX collapses multiple whitespace characters (space, tab,
and newline) into a single space.  Info output, on the other hand,
preserves whitespace as you type it, except for changing a newline into
a space; this is why it is important to put two spaces at the end of
sentences in Texinfo documents.

Alex.