Three small remarks about the Emacs manual.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Three small remarks about the Emacs manual.
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 21:57:21 -0600 (CST)

>From the Emacs manual:

(emacs)Fill Commands

       The command `M-s' (`center-line') centers the current line within
    the current fill column.

It might be worth clarifying that M-s is bound to `center-line' in
text-mode.  It is undefined in fundamental-mode.

(emacs)Saving Abbrevs

    `M-x insert-abbrevs' inserts text into the current buffer before
    point, describing all current abbrev definitions;

It inserts it after point (as it clearly should, in my opinion).

(emacs)Dynamic Abbrevs

       A negative argument to `M-/', as in `C-u - M-/', says to search
    first for expansions after point, and second for expansions before
    point.  If you repeat the `M-/' to look for another expansion, do not
    specify an argument.  This tries all the expansions after point and
    then the expansions before point.

This is formulated in a somewhat misleading way.  With a negative
argument, M-/ will not search "second" for expansions after point, but
at the very end, after having tried everything else it was going to
try.  (As I believe it should.  A negative argument indicates that the
user is not interested in expansions before point.)

Sincerely,

Luc.