Re: Problems with info (emacs version)

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Problems with info (emacs version)
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 23:18:49 -0500 (CDT)

Richard Stallman wrote:

       I think `yank' should by default simply strip all text properties.

   Yank does discard most text properties.  It discards `invisible'
   properties, for instance.  It does not discard `display' properties,
   and probably it should not discard them, so that you can kill and yank
   an image.

People who agree with Eli can set `yank-excluded-properties' to t, but
the current documentation string makes this insufficiently clear.  I
propose to change the documentation string of yank-excluded properties
from:

  "*Text properties to discard when yanking."

  "*Text properties to discard when yanking.
The value should be a list of text properties to discard or t,
which means to discard all text properties."

Now that I have write access, I could commit that change, if you agree
with it.

Sincerely,

Luc.