CC Mode 5.30

From: Martin Stjernholm
Subject: CC Mode 5.30
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:42:40 +0200

Hello, Emacs developers!

I now have a new version of CC Mode finished. It has extensive
changes, and some of them affect the interaction with other packages:

o  CC Mode now contains the font lock support for its languages. This
   means that the corresponding patterns in the core font-lock package
   should be phased out. It also means that the font locking is
   different in various details for most languages, since it's now
   unified across all of them (except AWK).

o  CC Mode provides AWK support written by Alan Mackenzie. The old
   awk-mode.el should be removed. It was derived from CC Mode and no
   longer works well with it.

o  There has been internal changes which might break derived modes.
   There is however a new variable system that is designed to make it
   possible to write derived modes without getting too hard
   dependencies on the internal workings of CC Mode.

See <http://cc-mode.sourceforge.net/changes-530.php> and
<http://cc-mode.sourceforge.net/changes-529.php> for all the details.

Needless to say, there'll be some things to clear up when this is
committed in the Emacs cvs. I'll do that, but it'll have to wait since
I'll be off net next week.