Re: different fonts in different frames are named the same

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: different fonts in different frames are named the same
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 22:07:09 +0200

When I try S-mouse-1 (mouse-set-font), the actual font does not change,
even though the frame size does.

I am confused - have anyone seen anything like that?
what could be the cause?

Yes, see the thread "recent emacs font problems?". It is a bad interaction
between default font and default face.  I am trying out a solution now,
but there are some bugs. I expect to checkin something later this week.

Seems I was a bit optimistic.  There is one big problem.  The default
face is not realized before the first redraw, and by that time the size
of the frame has been determined.  But that is wrong, in the case
one has set some face attributes (for example height) that affects the
size.  Much like the problem described above, but reversed :-)

I have a question.  There is the global definition of the face and
there is the frame local definition.  When a new frame is made, should
the frame local face be initialized from the global face definition?

It is not done until the first redisplay, which is too late. I am thinking
of moving this to frame creation time instead.

        Jan D.