Re: narrow-to-here-document

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: narrow-to-here-document
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 11:17:09 -0400

The idea I had recently was to create an indirect buffer for each mode
that we want to use in the buffer, and then have a way of saying
"temporarily select the bindings of indirect buffer FOO for this
buffer".  That way, each mode could have its own set of local bindings,
and Emacs would switch between sets.

The switching could be done under the control of a text property, or
explicitly by post-command-hook.

You can think of this as themes for local variable values.