Re: vc-svn.el donation - attn Stephan Monnier

From: Andre Spiegel
Subject: Re: vc-svn.el donation - attn Stephan Monnier
Date: 04 Jul 2003 00:58:36 +0200

On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 00:43, Jeff Bowman wrote:

> The only real issue I have is that I am not an Official Emacs
> Maintainer. So I can't commit to the CVS repository. Not a real big
> deal, I could send patches to the appropriate maintainer if that is
> what I need to do. I just need advice on what to do.

I think Stefan is the right person to maintain vc-svn.el for Emacs.  I
myself, although I'm the VC maintainer, can't do it because I'm not a
Subversion user yet and my time is limited.  (And this was the reason
for the modular redesign of VC: that other people could maintain
backends.)

Stefan is probably on holiday or something.  When he returns, there's no
doubt he will carefully look at your code and see what he can
incorporate into his own stuff.

And of course you're always welcome to submit patches.  The one who's
most active in enhancing a package usually gets maintainer status over
time.  We'll see how it works out.  Thanks for your contribution; let's
first wait until Stefan returns.