Re: etc/TODO:Horizontal scrollbar

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: etc/TODO:Horizontal scrollbar
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 18:05:46 -0500 (CDT)

Richard Stallman wrote:

   Maybe you are right, but I think that perhaps the horizontal
   scroll bar should be controlled by a separate flag--merely turning
   on truncation should not always automatically create a horizontal
   scroll bar.

Of course, but that flag would not only have a local, but also a
global value.  Customize, for instance, will only set the global
value.  The choice for the local value would be t or nil (or maybe
top, bottom or nil, as Robert suggested).  I was talking about choices
for the global value.  I definitely believe that one of the global
choices should mean that a window gets a horizontal scroll-bar if and
only if truncation is in effect (and the window is not a minibuffer
window).  Maybe this could even be the default value.

Sincerely,

Luc.