Re: GC crashes

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: GC crashes
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 10:31:07 +0100 (CET)

> Please find a way to reproduce this bug by emacs started
> with -q.

I can't :-( It seems to be an interaction with running mewl (a program
from the mew package which extracts header information from emails,
sending them to the +inbox buffer) and ctext encoding.  mewl runs as a
background process; I normally start reading the emails while mewl is
still running, augmenting the current buffer with header lines.  So
the bug seems to be that visiting a buffer in ctext encoding which is
still augmented, and which contains many different scripts, causes a
crash.

Sometimes, after restarting Emacs, I see strange artifacts in the
+inbox buffer (see attached image which shows the output of the `C-u
C-x =' command) which has been produced by the crashing Emacs -- maybe
this gives a hint.

Does anybody else encounter such problems?

    Werner

PNG image