Re: doc elisp intro cross reference fixes

From: Per Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: doc elisp intro cross reference fixes
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 11:45:37 +0100

> Does anyone see a reason not to make set-variable
> equivalent to customize-set-variable?

Someone (MIles?) pointed out the the interface was different.  A
prefix argument to set-variable means "set buffer local value", while
a prefix argument to customize-set-variable means "add a customization
comment".

I'd suggest we change customize-set-variable so a prefix argument
means "set buffer local value".  I'd suspect that people who want to
add comments to their customizations are going to use the buffer
interface in any case.