Re: Are there plans for a multi-threaded Emacs?

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: Are there plans for a multi-threaded Emacs?
Date: 04 Dec 2003 14:58:15 +0000

> So changing Emacs' scopes to lexical is a prerequisite for any
> meaningful attempt at multithreading, anyway.

Except that it's more important that Emacs uses dynamic scope than
multi-threading. Dynamic scope is _one_ of the reasons Emacs has been
sucessfull.

rms wrote a paper about the design of Emacs which, I think,
succesfully justifies the choice of dynamic scope:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs-paper.html

Nic