Re: What shall we do to verify the CVS diffs for emacs?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: What shall we do to verify the CVS diffs for emacs?
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 20:27:35 -0500

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 02:55:48AM +0100, Kim F. Storm wrote:
> I don't recall, so is the arch archive just a mirror of CVS, or
> is it two ways (i.e. will changes to arch propagates back to CVS) ?

It's two-way.

> If the latter is the case, who has access to your arch archive,
> and how do you control that access?

It's my archive, so of course I control what goes into it (the same way you'd
control any files on unix).  Inter-archive merging in arch is usually `pull'
based, so if I wanted to merge changes from someone elses branch, I'd have to
explicitly do so -- in a way it's similar to applying patches someone sends
to the mailing list, just more convenient and with better record-keeping.

The remote mirrors on non-GNU machines, OTOH, _are_ just mirrors; of course
now that everything's signed I'd have no qualms about using them to restore
the master fencepost copy if something horrible happened.

-Miles
--
If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.  [George Carlin]