Re: Checking the Emacs Lisp manual

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Checking the Emacs Lisp manual
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:57:21 -0500

    Could you tell me a little bit about what sort of checking needs to
    be done? Do you want checks for code functioning correctly, or for
    obvious ommisions or changes in emacs?

That is a good question, so I will send the answer to the list.

The idea is to check the Emacs Lisp Manual, primarily for inaccuracies
(perhaps due to changes in Emacs since the text was updated).  Of
course, I would not mind being informed of other kinds of errors, but
people can spot those without being Emacs experts.  So it makes sense
for Emacs experts to focus on looking for the errors that only Emacs
experts could spot.

Before checking part of the manual, I suggest you refresh your memory
of the changes, by rereading etc/NEWS as far back as Emacs 21.1's
release announcement.