Re: GNU Emacs: Client/Server

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: GNU Emacs: Client/Server
Date: 29 Jan 2004 17:18:44 +0100

> PS: My understanding of GNU Emacs internals is *highly* limited. I can
> contribute ideas but I may not be able to do the actual implementation.
> Also, I do have MS Windows app dev exp and hence cannot comment on core
> platform dependent issues.

That's ok, but if you think in terms of the current mechanisms used by
process.c for network services, i.e. listen, accept, and select, how
hard/easy would it be to add mail slot handling to that, i.e. can you
wait on connections and/or input to a mail slot at the same time
as you wait for TCP connections using select?

Maybe you can show me some W32 code which examplifies how a
multi-connection client and server application mixing normal
processes, network socket connections, and mail slot connections can
be written.