Re: Add M-x occur to the menu-bar

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Add M-x occur to the menu-bar
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 10:51:13 -0500

      But (and this
    is the important part) M-x occur needs to be run before this can
    happen.

Indeed, the issue is what happens after the user has typed M-x occur.

      An Occur buffer will be picked if next-error is run inside the
    Occur buffer; if next-error-last-buffer is set to the Occur buffer (so
    a grep or a compile has not been run meanwhile);

I think that will do the right thing in simple cases.

       or if an Occur buffer
    is the first usable buffer found in the buffer list.

Perhaps this will work well, but we should keep our eyes open
for cases where users don't like it.