Re: new compile command doesn't coalesce errors on the same line

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: new compile command doesn't coalesce errors on the same line
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 23:48:13 -0500

    >> compilation-skip-visited is your friend.

    Actually the option has existed for a long time and has always been nil.
    So maybe we're talking about something else here,

The doc string is very hard to understand--it is written like a
program.  It may be 100% precise, but it is not very useful.  Can
someone who understands that option's meaning rewrite the doc stringq
to be readable?

Meanwhile, to the extent I can figure it out, I think this is indeed
something else.  Let's just change the code so as to treat
contiguous errors as one.