Re: errors from M-x grep

From: peta
Subject: Re: errors from M-x grep
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:58:23 -0400

This happened to me when I hadn't updated my cvs emacs for quite a long
time and there had been changes to lisp/progmodes/grep.el.

Normally I `cd lisp; make recompile` before installing.  After I got the
error I tried `cd lisp; make compile` instead, and that fixed it, but I
have no idea if thats the best approach.  See INSTALL.CVS for other
possibilities.

--
Peter Whaite (http://whaite.ca)