Re: small mistakes in unicode branch update

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: small mistakes in unicode branch update
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:04:34 -0400

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 08:33:20PM +0900, Kenichi Handa wrote:
> >    address@hidden/emacs--unicode--0
>
> > It will be kept updated from the emacs-unicode-2 CVS branch.
>
> It seems that it is the branch Stephen mentioned in "Well,
> you'll have to create an Arch branch first.", right?

Yes, I guess so.

If you want to try to use arch for working on unicode emacs, you can either
use that branch, or make your own branches tagged off of it (note that
`tagging' in arch is fairly different than tagging in CVS), and occasionally
merge changes back the other direction.  Either way, commits to it will be
propagated back to CVS.

Another possible use is to keep the unicode branch up-to-date with respect to
the trunk by regularly merging from emacs--cvs-trunk--0 to emacs--unicode--0
(I do this about once week with my private branches).  Since the basic
mechanics of merging in arch are far less painful than in CVS, it's often a
good idea to merge often so that conflicts don't accumulate.

-Miles
--
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it
has to be us.  -- Jerry Garcia