Re: Jumping to C source from *Help*

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Jumping to C source from *Help*
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 23:04:43 +0100

 > > The question is, is this a bug, or is it just a case of "So don't do
 > > that, then."
 >
 > Well, if that was not a rhetorical question, and if I understand
 > correctly that the issue is "ought one to put a dedicated window in an
 > unsplittable frame", then IMO it doesn't seem like such a crazy thing
 > to do.

In an eerie coincidence, this is what I've just done in gdb-ui.el. I want to
ensure that buffer display command issued from the parent frame doesn't
display in any of the child frames and that one issued from a child frame
must display in the parent frame. It seems to do what I want. Are there any
problems with this approach?

Nick