Re: M-x gdb troubles

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: M-x gdb troubles
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 23:09:45 +0100

 > > Yuck.  I'd much rather just throw an error and be done with it.
 > > Let the user switch to the gdb buffer manually.
 > >

 > Well, what if it jumped to the existing buffer and then signalled an error
 > (e.g. gdb already running).
 >
 > I could live with that...  :-)

The patch does jump to the existing buffer. In the case of "annotate=3", I had
meant to call gdb-restore-windows when there was an existing buffer. However,
this just restores to a standard layout and probably doesn't warrant the
ugliness of using catch.

It also removes the problem with the debuggers in gud which would insert an
unwanted "Current directory is ..." into the GUD buffer.

So shall I use error where I've put throw and take out the catch part?

Nick