Re: mention Info image support in NEWS?

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: mention Info image support in NEWS?
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 03:06:17 +0300

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> writes:
> Do you think image support for Info mode should be mentioned in NEWS?
>
> If so, I've added a suggestion below, which you may want to
> reword/rephrase.

I installed your additions to NEWS.

> For the curious, the GNU LilyPond 2.2.0 info pages contain loads of
> images.

I'd say GNU LilyPond Info pages with images are very nice looking!

BTW, do you remember I once reported about problems in LilyPond
Info pages?  One problem was with trailing whitespace in some Info
nodes names.  This is easy to fix, but other problem was in the LilyPond
music glossary with the word `*note*' emphasized by asterisks around
it.  This is already fixed in Emacs Info reader to skip the `*note'
text without whitespace after it, but there are still other places in
the LilyPond music glossary which are interpreted as cross references:

*note head*
*note value*

As one solution you can replace a space by some other non-space character,
for example:

*note_head*
*note-value*

--