Re: Several suggestions for image support

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Several suggestions for image support
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 10:27:39 -0400

      So I think that
    the space between two baselines should be

    max(line space of newline, max(all glyph depths of upper line,0)
                              +max(all glyph heights of lower line,0))
    where depth is the extent of a glyph below the baseline, and the
    height is the extent above.

You may be right, but it occurs to me that we should see if text
formatters have any guidance to offer us on how to decide this.