Re: Any chance of a `flatten-list' to merge 4 current versions?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Any chance of a `flatten-list' to merge 4 current versions?
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 16:57:28 -0400

     > Just 4 is not enough, but if there are a few more, then we would
     > want to put it in Emacs.

    To the extent there is duplication between 4 packages, that is
    unfortunate.  Not correcting it could lead to more duplication, which
    would be more unfortunate.

That is what I said about duplication of features for the user.
Duplication of small functions like this is not a problem.

    Sound familiar? :-)

It's a good example of how a statement mean for one context
can be misleading when applied to another context.