Re: M-x grep is too slow

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: M-x grep is too slow
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:18:43 -0400

    By the way, when I did C-h v grep-mode-hook RET and clicked
    `grep' of "Defined in `grep'." in *Help* buffer, I got this
    message:

            Cannot find definition of `grep-mode-hook' in library `grep'

    Actually, this variable is defined not in grep.el but by
    defined-dirived-mode.

I think the code in help-mode ought to recognize variable names ending
in ...-mode-hook, and if it can't find a defvar in the file, it should
search for the suitable call to defined-derived-mode in the same file.

Would someone like to implement that?