Re: MH-E 7.4.4 checked in

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: MH-E 7.4.4 checked in
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 08:38:24 -0500 (CDT)

Kai Grossjohann wrote:

   So far, only little changes had been made in Emacs CVS, but now, Luc
   has written lots of email that I still haven't fully processed...  So
   perhaps this approach will prove to be more work than I intended.

I _had_ to make a change in Emacs Tramp CVS because otherwise Tramp
might have malfunctioned after I made my `visited-file-modtime'
change.  I yesterday made the minimal change required to adapt Tramp
to that change.  I do not plan any further changes to the Emacs Tramp
CVS.  I believe that further changes to Tramp are necessary, as I
pointed out in those emails.  However, the involved problems are no
worse than, say, the remaining auto-revert problems we know about.
They are unrelated to the `visited-file-modtime' change.  So their
solution could wait until the next Tramp merge with Emacs.  I was
under the impression that there would still be such a merge before the
21.4 release.

Sincerely,

Luc.