Re: Gnus branch

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Gnus branch
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:48:10 +0200

On Tue, Aug 24 2004, Richard Stallman wrote:

> Merging the changes outside the gnus subdirectory is a separate
> operation.  The way to do that is by merging the Gnus changes into the
> trunk.  You could start that at any time, as long as the changes won't
> break the old Gnus.

Adding the Gnus related man/*.texi files (and the related changes in
Makefile.in/makefile.w32-in) to the trunk would lead to
inconsistencies.  The documentation would not correspond to the Gnus
code on the trunk.  I don't think this is a good idea.
Similar for etc/*NEWS.

The changes in net/tls.el and calendar/time-date.el are minor and can
safely be installed on the trunk.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,