Re: nndb.el requires tcp

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: nndb.el requires tcp
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 15:07:06 +0200

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Sep 10 2004, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>
>> "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> writes:
> [...]
>>> Should I remove the entire eval-and-compile expression in the Emacs
>>> CVS?
>>
>> I think that would be the right thing.  I've done the same on the Gnus
>> V5-10 branch as well, now.  You could remove the duplicate (require
>> 'cl) below the expression too.
>
> Maybe it be better to install it only in Emacs CVS _or_ in v5-10 (Gnus
> stable branch) and let it propagate to the other by Miles' arch
> synching?  We should do whatever is more convenient for Miles, I
> think.

Right.  Exactly how does this work?  Is it fully automated?  Syncing
V5-10 and Emacs CVS automatically seems useful, but there are some
stuff in Gnus CVS for XEmacs compatibility that historically hasn't
been included in the Emacs Gnus version.  I don't know whether this
has been moved into Emacs CVS now though.  Several files in Gnus CVS
also says 'This file is part of FLIM' instead of 'This file is part of
Emacs', which presumably have to be updated when/if all those files
are added to Emacs.