Re: Modifier keys in Carbon Emacs

From: Doug Alcorn
Subject: Re: Modifier keys in Carbon Emacs
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:21:39 -0400

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:07:20 -0700, Steven Tamm <address@hidden> wrote:

> In the long term, some work should be done to do xmodmap type modifier
> translation: i.e. provide the ability to map all the mac modifier keys
> (Cmd,Alt,Ctrl,Fn) to the emacs modifiers (C,M,A,H) or to system modifiers.
> What would be the best way to represent this?

>From a user perspective what about implementing something that allowed:

(setq mac-command-key-is 'hyper
          mac-option-key-is 'meta
          mac-control-key-is 'control
          mac-function-key-is 'alt)

Couldn't that implementation be done in src/macterm.c:mac_to_emacs_modifiers?

I agree (after thinking a bit more) that uControl isn't the right
place to handle this.  The only app we want to change the modifiers
for is emacs.  So, it seems like the translation needs to be done in
emacs.

--
 (__) Doug Alcorn - Unix/Linux/Web Developing
 oo /  mailto:address@hidden http://www.lathi.net