Re: defvar -> defcustom

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: defvar -> defcustom
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 15:10:26 +0200

>     is there an Emacs function to turn defvars into defcustoms (semi-)
>     automatically similar to `checkdoc'?  Such a function would be a nice
>     addition to `checkdoc.el'.
>
> How could this be possible?  A program cannot figure out what :type
> and :group options to use.

M-x customize-variable already does some guessing based on the
variable name, so some sort of minimal guessing might be possible.
Current conventions would also allow to search backwards from the
defvar to the closest preceding defgroup and just assume it.

Not that I even mass-converted defvars to defgroups...

Alex.
--
.O.  http://www.emacswiki.org/alex/
..O  Schroeder's fifth law: