Re: emacs reference card for A4 paper

From: Stephen Eglen
Subject: Re: emacs reference card for A4 paper
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 16:57:08 +0100

Richard Stallman writes:
 >     Installing this however will break usage for letter paper users.  Has
 >     anyone got a portable method that will work well for both A4 and
 >     letter paper sizes?
 >
 > Maybe it would work to put in conditionals.  If you can find a way
 > to test the paper size.

Just to follow up, I've updated refcard.tex to include a new counter:

% Set letterpapaer to 0 for A4 paper, 1 for letter (US) paper.  Useful
% only when columnsperpage is 2 or 3.

\letterpaper=1

When letterpaper is 0, the two tex parameters that Roland identified
are now changed to better suit A4 paper.  Can someone check that this
does the right thing on US paper still -- it looks fine on A4.

Also, currently refcard.ps is distributed as a 6 page (1 column per
page) document.  I suggest that refcard.ps be updated to be a 2 page
(3 column per page) document, as some people might prefer.  (Perhaps
still formatted for letter paper).

Thanks, Stephen