Re: Building Emacs from CVS on windows nt failed

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Building Emacs from CVS on windows nt failed
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 17:17:49 +0100

"Lennart Borgman" <address@hidden> writes:

> I can understand that a separate build process for ms windows was once
> created. My question is whether it is still useful or something that takes
> extra time for many people.

The makefiles do not get updated very often, and it is not much effort
to sync the Windows makefiles when they do. Rewriting the build system
to work with MSys instead would take a lot of effort, which I don't
think anyone has the time for right now. I don't object if someone
wants to do it (though not until after 21.4), but I don't think it is
worth spending time on myself.