address@hidden: CL documentation from elisp documentation]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: address@hidden: CL documentation from elisp documentation]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 09:13:07 -0400

Would someone like to provide doc strings for these symbols?

From: Joe Corneli <address@hidden>
To: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
Subject: CL documentation from elisp documentation
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 04:44:32 -0500

We had discussed briefly the idea of making Common Lisp
documentation by concatenating Emacs Lisp docstrings.

We agreed that one couldn't expect something smashing, but that it
would be a start.

I decided that while waiting for CL documentation from ANSI -- I
still have yet to send the email -- I would give this approach a
try.

I found that there are currently 377 variables and functions from
Common Lisp that can be documented this way, but that there are 597
that can not.

Of the 377, 14 don't actually have any real documentation in Emacs,
i.e., they are defined but don't have docstrings.  So this is a
minor bug report for Emacs.

These 14 undocumented symbols are as follows:

Variables:
  *gensym-counter* *random-state* lambda-list-keywords t

Functions:
  acons declaim declare destructuring-bind digit-char-p
  do-all-symbols locally pairlis proclaim the