Re: lisp/url/ file with Xemacs compatibility code removed

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: lisp/url/ file with Xemacs compatibility code removed
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 23:27:21 -0400

The changes you wrote look correct to me in a quick glance, but before
installing such changes, I would rather wait a little while and see
who will pick up maintenance of the url package.  If that person
intends to maintain it for XEmacs too and wants to keep that
compatibility code, it is ok with me to keep it.  Otherwise we may as
well remove it.

Are you offering to maintain the url directory?