Re: DOC for Mac OS shown for Emacs compiled for X.

From: Stefan
Subject: Re: DOC for Mac OS shown for Emacs compiled for X.
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:32:49 -0400

>>> That is also possible, and seems to be what the previous discussion
>>> indicated.  More work though.
>> But better result.
> I disagree, if I run Emacs on X I don't want to wade through lines of
> documentation that applies for W32/msdos/OSX.

My take on this is that if the documentation is very different for each
system, then either the function's functionality is ill-defined or the
docstring gives too much precision.

> And if the real function is in another file the benefit of clicking on "C
> source code" is reduced.

Good point.  Richard's suggestion to tweak the link-following code
so as to look for macfoo.c (or w32foo.c) is a better idea.

        Stefan