Re: C-q SPC in isearch

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: C-q SPC in isearch
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 02:59:07 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
> I suggest the patch below which additionally introduces the function
> subregexp-context-p which can be used at other places that need the same
> kind of information (e.g. regexp-opt).
>
> Any objection?

There is a small problem:

> RCS file: /cvsroot/emacs/emacs/lisp/isearch.el,v
> [...]
> +     (if (subregexp-context-p isearch-string pos)
                                                ===
`pos' is not defined.

I can't deduce a useful value for it from the context.  So it seems
it should be removed from isearch.el, and the argument `pos' of
subregexp-context-p be changed to optional.  Is it what you intended?

PS: I noticed this problem only during testing.  Even if the byte
compiler generated a warning message, it remains unnoticed among other
numerous similar warnings.  There is an urgent need to get rid of all
warnings that refer to a valid use of free variables, and to find and
fix true bugs reported by remaining warnings before the next release.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/