Re: Recent problems with `make bootstrap'.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Recent problems with `make bootstrap'.
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 12:35:49 -0600 (CST)

Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:

   all time is wasted because all time cannot be conserved.  for
   example, i have just wasted some time writing `line-spacing' docs.

Which most people will not get to see until you manage to write some
documentation for `vertical-scroll-bar' as well.  Even after that,
manuals could remain stale for ages because somebody once again forgot
an address@hidden defvar", forgot to double up an `@' in an email address or
whatever.  Worse, more xrefs pointing nowhere could be deliberately
introduced.

In as far as `vertical-scroll-bar' is concerned, this and the related
`default-vertical-scroll-bar' where introduced by Kim Storm on
2003-05-24.  Grepping through the sources, I see all the things
necessary for _definition_.  I could not find any evidence of
implementation, although there were so many false hits that I might
have overlooked something.  The docstring for `vertical-scroll-bar' is
definitely completely wrong.

I was told that Kim was writing documentation for `line-spacing' (but
not for `vertical-scroll-bar').  I would guess that probably Kim knows
what the deal with `vertical-scroll-bar' is.

Sincerely,

Luc.