Re: Permission to use portions of the recent GNU Emacs Manual

From: Per Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Permission to use portions of the recent GNU Emacs Manual
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:03:39 +0100

"Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden> writes:

> I do not understand you.  First, the GFDL is not for code.  Second,
> anyone can change the body of a GFDL's work.

With concepts such as "self-documenting editors", "litterate
programming" and "embedded documentation", the line between
documentation and code becomes blurry.  At least one of those concepts
should apply to Emacs :)

Which to me indicate that code and documentation for free software
ought to be covered by the same license.